Dear ARLIS/NA members,

The ARLIS/NA Executive Board is still seeking volunteers for committee chairs for the governance year 2024-2025. Please consider getting involved by leading one of our committees. In addition to being an excellent service to the Society, chairing committees (or leading other constituent groups) offers the opportunity to shape ARLIS and to connect with colleagues from across North America.

We are recruiting for the following committees: Advocacy & Public Policy, Awards, International Relations, and Membership.

Please apply here

The deadline to apply is January 5.

The ARLIS/NA Policy Manual details each committee's charge and any other criteria related to the chair position or committee. Additional information is available at https://www.arlisna.org/committees.

Each committee requires different competencies and time commitments; if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with ARLIS/NA Vice-President Melanie Emerson, [log in to unmask]

Committee Appointment  Process Overview

We do a broad call for committee leaders and members as an inclusive practice with the hope that it will diversify member involvement. We also encourage committee chairs and members to recruit actively, so please invite interested individuals to fill out the appropriate interest form.

Please look for a follow-up message about other ARLIS/NA leadership opportunities. So many ways to get involved!

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch about the committee recruitment process. Thank you all for the work you do for the Society.

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,
Melanie
ARLIS/NA Vice President

Melanie E. Emerson
Dean of the Library + Special Collections
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash |  Chicago, IL 60603
[log in to unmask] | p: 312.629.9379

I use she/her pronouns. Please tell me yours.