Dear Members of the ARLIS/NA Community,

Registration for the 52nd Annual Conference in Pittsburgh (April 2-6) opens next week. If you have not renewed your ARLIS/NA membership for 2024, do so now to take advantage of member registration rates. Login to the member portal to renew.

If you are not a current member of ARLIS/NA, I would like you to consider joining. Click here to join.

Membership in ARLIS/NA provides substantial benefits and access to a variety of unique programs and services, including:

·       Access to multiple ARLIS/NA publications, including Art Documentation (members-only), Notable Graphic Novels ReviewARLIS/NA Reviews, and Multimedia and Technology Reviews

·       Members-only programming, like this fall’s interactive presentation by librarian and educator Sofia Leung, who addressed how white supremacy and racism underpin current library and cultural heritage systems

·       Professional development, leadership, and publishing opportunities for career advancement

·       Thriving mentoring programs

·       A vibrant network of professional support, which members can access via our member directory

·       An awards program which celebrates outstanding scholarship, service, and professional development

·       Robust advocacy for the arts information profession and workers

·       A variety of opportunities to engage in specialties within arts librarianship, including special interest groups, divisions, and sections

Your membership dues make up a significant portion of the operating budget and they support our rich menu of programs and services.

We have a variety of membership rates available which all provide full-member benefits, including:

·       Student membership, available for students within the art information and cognate disciplines for a maximum of three years

·       Library Staff membership (new as of last year), designated for art library workers in non-librarian and support roles

·       Bridge/Unemployed membership, available for those who seek to retain their individual membership and are currently experiencing financial hardship

Join now

Joining a chapter is another great way to get more involved. While joining a chapter does not provide full ARLIS/NA member benefits, it connects you to your regional colleagues, resources and professional development opportunities. See a list of chapters and get contact information here.

With your renewal this year, we hope that you will consider contributing to the Compass Award Fund or any fund that speaks to you. The Compass Award facilitates an internship that provides financial and professional support for new and early-career colleagues in the arts information field. The award is open to individuals who are BIPOC. The experiences they bring to the internship will broaden perspectives in the field of art, architecture, special collections, and museum libraries and archives.
Donate to
ARLIS/NA.

Sincerely,

Rachel Resnik