Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know that I was recently offered and accepted the position of Director of Collections at the New York Society Library (https://www.nysoclib.org/) and will be starting this exciting new chapter in my professional life on March 4th. To ensure a smooth transition, I will continue here at Sotheby's Institute through the end of February (and will continue my teaching appointment until the end of the semester in May).

At the New York Society Library, I will oversee cataloguing, acquisitions, special collections, and preservation. While I will no longer be strictly an art librarian, I will remain active in ARLIS/NA. For those of you not familiar with the New York Society Library, a few words about where I am going: it is the oldest library in New York, and the oldest non-profit; founded in 1754 with a Royal Charter from King George II, so is older than the United States. Among its earlier members were George Washington and Herman Melville. When New York City was briefly the capital of the US (between Philadelphia and Washington DC), it served as the Library of Congress. It has over 300,000 volumes.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my last six years as Head Librarian at Sotheby's Institute of Art, and these transitions are always bittersweet. Luckily, I am only a couple stops away on the 6 Train and hope to continue here as a thesis advisor and guest speaker. I am very excited to face the new challenges and continue to work with art, but also to expand into more literary areas of librarianship.

I will send my new contact information once I have it, but will continue with my current contact information through the end of February. My current position of Head Librarian at Sotheby's Institute should be posted soon, and I encourage anyone interested to apply; I will miss my incredible colleagues and amazing students very much.

All best,

Eric

Eric M. Wolf Head Librarian
Sotheby's Institute of Art
570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022 USA | T +1 212 897 6649
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | sothebysinstitute.com<http://www.sothebysinstitute.com/>
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/sothebysinstitute/> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/SothebysInstituteofArt> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/SothebysInst> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/school/sotheby's-institute-of-art/>
[Logo]