Dear ARLIS/NA Community Members,

As we navigate the evolving landscape of professional conferences, we are keen to share our virtual approach for the 2025 ARLIS/NA 53rd annual conference.

This trial of a fully virtual format aligns with our strategic goals of inclusivity and financial sustainability, marking a significant step in our journey.

A Kaleidoscope of Emotions

We recognize this announcement will spark a spectrum of emotions:

Despite the mixed feelings, this move is a proactive step towards supporting our community's diverse needs and our organization's long-term resilience.

The Road Ahead

Engage with Us

2025 will be an experimental year. We will use the data collected after the virtual meeting to assess what worked well and what didn’t, so that we can continue to find ways for all members to learn, grow, discuss and connect in meaningful ways.

Warm regards and a commitment to our vibrant future,

Rachel Resnik and Melanie Emerson

Rachel Resnik
ARLIS/NA President
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
[log in to unmask] | 617-879-7115

Melanie E. Emerson
ARLIS/NA Vice President
Dean of the Library + Special Collections
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash |  Chicago, IL 60603
[log in to unmask] | p: 312.629.9379