Dear ARLIS/NA Community Members,

As we navigate the evolving landscape of professional conferences, we are
keen to share our virtual approach for the 2025 ARLIS/NA 53rd annual
conference.

This trial of a fully virtual format aligns with our strategic goals of
inclusivity and financial sustainability, marking a significant step in our
journey.

A Kaleidoscope of Emotions

We recognize this announcement will spark a spectrum of emotions:

   -

   Enthusiasm: Celebrations around the greater accessibility and
   inclusiveness of our annual event.
   -

   Curiosity: Interest in exploring creative and dynamic approaches to
   virtual professional development and networking.
   -

   Nostalgia: Reflecting on the unique camaraderie and inspiration of our
   in-person gatherings, which we all hold dear.
   -

   Disappointment: Acknowledging the missed opportunity to experience the
   local culture and art together.

Despite the mixed feelings, this move is a proactive step towards
supporting our community's diverse needs and our organization's long-term
resilience.

The Road Ahead

   -

   Pittsburgh 2024 and Montreal 2026: We look forward to meeting in-person
   in Pittsburgh and Montreal where we can reconnect with the energy and
   intimacy that only a physical meeting can offer.
   -

   Your Contribution: Your participation and insights are crucial to
   shaping and producing a successful 2025 virtual meeting. We invite you to
   get involved with planning, share your opinions, create content, and engage
   in conversation.

Engage with Us

   -

   To Start: In early February, Melanie Emerson and I will host a town hall
   meeting to address members’ questions and concerns about the 2025 virtual
   meeting. Be on the lookout for that invitation. Keep in mind many details
   are tbd as the 2025 Conference Planning Committee, Executive Board, and all
   of you will help shape what this event will look like.
   -

   Participate Actively: Join the 2025 Conference Planning Committee. Fill
   out this form <https://forms.gle/q5CvKeFBKdAbAMPh6> to indicate your
   interest. This group will be planning dates, gathering feedback from
   membership, and shaping the virtual conference format.
   -

   Share Your Vision: Be on the lookout for surveys and discussions from
   the 2025 Conference Planning Committee to help us design a virtual event
   that resonates with you. Your perspective is a guiding light for us.

2025 will be an experimental year. We will use the data collected after the
virtual meeting to assess what worked well and what didn’t, so that we can
continue to find ways for all members to learn, grow, discuss and connect
in meaningful ways.

Warm regards and a commitment to our vibrant future,

Rachel Resnik and Melanie Emerson

Rachel Resnik
ARLIS/NA President
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
[log in to unmask] | 617-879-7115

*Melanie E. Emerson *

*ARLIS/NA Vice PresidentDean of the Library + Special Collections*
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash |  Chicago, IL 60603
[log in to unmask] | p: 312.629.9379