My institution is currently exploring options for both the storage of 3d scan files (of architectural spaces), as well as platforms to allow them to be viewed/manipulated.

If your institution stores and makes available 3D scans of any kind (ex. architectural spaces, art and archaeological objects, etc), I would greatly appreciate any insights. In particular, I’d be interested to hear if anyone has approached this from an open source/open data perspective. However, any information would be helpful.

Thank you for your collective wisdom!

Ashley Huot she/her

MLIS, BFA

Humanities Liaison Librarian | Architecture & Classics

Architecture/Fine Art Library | University of Manitoba

The University of Manitoba campuses are located on original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Ojibwe-Cree, Dakota and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Red River Métis.