Hey y’all,

One of our MFA alum(nus??) is a photographer who regularly makes books. We own two of his books in our library, but he is looking to expand his reach. I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to send out emails to fellow art librarians to market for him (and don’t have the time to do that), but I’d love any advice from fellow art librarians that I can send along to him for getting his books seen (and hopefully purchased for collections). I have already told him about some of the vendors I purchase from, though I know vendors take a cut, and I don’t know if he wants to go that route.

Any tips? I’d love to mentor him in a way that is beneficial.

Thanks!

Courtney

Courtney Hunt
Art & Design Librarian Assistant Professor
Pronouns: she/her/hers
The Ohio State University Libraries
Fine Arts Library
Wexner Center / Room 040L