Volunteer Opportunity: ARLIS Commons Manager
Position: ARLIS Commons Manager (Volunteer)

About ArLiSNAP:
ArLiSNAP is a dynamic community within the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) dedicated to supporting students and new professionals in the field of art librarianship. We are currently seeking a passionate and creative individual to join us as the Volunteer ARLIS Commons Manager.
Position Description:
As the ARLIS Commons Manager, you will play a crucial role in establishing and enhancing our virtual presence on ARLIS Commons. This platform serves as a hub for our community, fostering collaboration, communication, and engagement among members and special interest groups (SIGs). This volunteer opportunity is ideal for a student or young professional looking to make a meaningful impact, gain experience in web design and content management, and contribute to the growth of ARLIS.

Key Responsibilities:
Set Up ARLIS Commons Site:

  *
Establish and configure the ARLIS Commons site to ensure a user-friendly and visually appealing space.
  *
Implement security measures to safeguard the community's information.
  *
A transition plan has been created to help facilitate the building of the new site.

Foster Communication:

  *
Facilitate effective communication among ArLiSNAP members and other SIGs.
  *
Encourage dialogue, collaboration, and knowledge-sharing within the community.

Explore Community Engagement:

  *
Investigate and implement innovative ways to utilize ARLIS Commons, ensuring it best serves the needs of the ArLiSNAP community.
  *
Develop and implement strategies to increase engagement and participation.

Preferred Skills or Experience:

  *
Web Design: Basic knowledge or interest in web design to create an aesthetically pleasing and functional Commons site.
  *   Content Management: Ability to organize and manage content effectively to enhance the user experience.
  *
Consistent Communication: Strong communication skills to foster an inclusive and collaborative online community.
  *
Innovative Ideas: A creative mindset to explore and implement new ideas for community engagement.

Benefits:
Gain hands-on experience in web design and content management.
Contribute to the growth and success of ARLIS/NA's student and new professional community.
Build your resume and network within the field of art librarianship.

How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic about creating a vibrant virtual space for art librarians and are eager to contribute to the success of ArLiSNAP, please submit your resume and a brief statement of interest to [log in to unmask]
Applications will be accepted until January 5th.
We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic individual to our team!

ARLiSNAP is an equal opportunity organization. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.

Erin Carney (they/she)
Arts Librarian for Drama, Theatre, and Performance Studies
Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library
Room 117
Yale University Library
203.432.2672