Hi Gillian,

We at Trinity have been using JSTOR Forum (formerly Shared Shelf) as an affordable back-end option. Initially it was used for our Artstor collections, but in recent years has expanded to support print, audio and video materials. It include a digital preservation component if you want. There is also a front-end option (JSTOR Shared and Preserved Collections) to share your collections at either the public or institutional level. Our site is https://jstor.org/site/trinity if you want to see what it looks like from the front end! We also use Amazon S3 as a dark archive for video materials.

-Amanda
________________________________
From: Gillian Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2023 13:26
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXT] :[ARLIS-L] Digital preservation for small organizations

You don't often get email from [log in to unmask] Learn why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
Caution: This message originated from outside of the Trinity organization. Please exercise caution with any links and attachments.

Hi all,

Wondering if you have any advice for a small organization looking to safely store and ideally make accessible born-digital materials including documents, photographs, and video and audio. Cloud storage? A service that suits a smaller budget? Starting from scratch (or, um, Google Drive) here and would appreciate any insight at all. Thank you!

--
Gillian Lee
Librarian

I work across time zones and, at times, outside of usual business hours. I do not expect you to respond outside of your working hours.

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org<http://lsv.arlisna.org/> Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>