From: Ashley Huot <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2023 10:29 AM
To: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: seeking collective wisdon: storage/accesibilty of 3d scans

My institution is currently exploring options for both the storage of 3d scan files (of architectural spaces), as well as platforms to allow them to be viewed/manipulated.

If your institution stores and makes available 3D scans of any kind (ex. architectural spaces, art and archaeological objects, etc), I would greatly appreciate any insights. In particular, I’d be interested to hear if anyone has approached this from an open source/open data perspective. However, any information would be helpful.

Thank you for your collective wisdom!

Ashley Huot she/her

MLIS, BFA

Humanities Liaison Librarian | Architecture & Classics

Architecture/Fine Art Library | University of Manitoba

The University of Manitoba campuses are located on original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Ojibwe-Cree, Dakota and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Red River Métis.