Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

As we continue our work to enact our new mission, vision, and values
<https://www.arlisna.org/mission>, the Board seeks two volunteers to serve
as our Strategic Plan Coordinators. The coordinators will collaborate to
guide and track our progress in implementing strategies to achieve the
goals set out in our strategic plan. In addition to being a vital service
to the Society, this role will offer the opportunity to shape ARLIS/NA and
connect with colleagues.

The coordinators will work closely with the board and leaders across
ARLIS/NA. We expect these coordinators to:

   -

   Implement a tracking spreadsheet and maintain (i.e., update as
   necessary) the structure of the spreadsheet over time. This may include
   adding fields or sheets to the original spreadsheet. The board liaisons
   will be adding updates regarding goal work to this spreadsheet.
   -

   Establish and monitor an annual timeline of strategic plan targets and
   provide regular progress reports. Regularly communicate progress to the
   membership via listserv, website updates, and town hall discussions.
   -

   Oversee the execution of strategic plan-related activities of the
   constituent groups and work with the groups and their board liaisons when
   questions arise about their goal work. This may include but is not limited
   to connecting groups working on similar goals; offer feedback and advice to
   constituent groups related to goal work; and help constituent groups find
   resources to advance their goal-related activities.
   -

   Prepare an annual report, which includes an overview of goal-related
   work of the reporting year, performance data, an assessment of the
   effectiveness of strategies, and recommendations to help further our goals.

The two coordinators will each serve a two-year term. The term begins at
the annual conference. The first year of service will be in a junior role,
learning the process and tasks. The second year of service will be in a
more senior role as primary manager of the process.

In this inaugural year, one applicant will serve one year (as senior
coordinator), and one will

serve two years. At the end of the first year, the senior coordinator will
have the option to continue for two more years. After the first two years,
the cycle of one new person per year will take effect

Please apply here <https://forms.gle/BX3h6bUZsqJJjVuv8> by January 12.

If you have any questions or would like more information, please reach out
to me. I’m happy to talk and share more details.

Kind regards,
Melanie
*ARLIS/NA Vice President*

*Melanie E. Emerson Dean of the Library + Special Collections*
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash |  Chicago, IL 60603
[log in to unmask] | p: 312.629.9379

*I use she/her pronouns. Please tell me yours.*