The ARLIS/NA Documentation Committee is seeking a new member to join our committee.  This committee is charged with overseeing the procedures for maintaining ARLIS/NA records including: creation of oral histories, solicitation of ARLIS/NA records in all formats for deposit at the ARLIS/NA Archives, and promotion of the archival collections.

The new member's appointment would begin in January 2024.  Our committee monthly meetings are one hour or less, with additional volunteer activities occurring outside of our meeting times.

Committee Activities
Our committee is currently working on the oral history project to interview current and past members of ARLIS/NA; one of our upcoming oral history projects will focus on the history of anti-racist activities in ARLIS/NA.  Committee members are also planning a lightning talk for the upcoming annual conference, which will highlight the use of ARLIS/NA archival sources for historical research.

Desirable Qualifications
  1. Enthusiasm for preserving ARLIS/NA's history
  2. Good interpersonal skills
  3. Project management skills
  4. Knowledge of ARLIS/NA history and members
  5. Knowledge of archival processing and/or management skills
  6. Experience with Wordpress and/or working with Humanities Commons platforms

If interested, please send an email to Sarah Carter at [log in to unmask] describing your interest, any of your qualifications, as well as any past or current ARLIS/NA volunteer experience.

Sarah Carter (she/her/hers)

Chair, ARLIS/NA Documentation Committee