Dear all,
I'm writing on behalf of a graduate of Maryland Institute College of Art, who wrote to me recently

I will be travelling to Scotland next year to learn more about knitting.  I am searching for a book that would assist me in finding knitting/yarn centers in Scotland.  I found one company on the Isle of Lewis but am not able to get additional locations.  There are so many yarn centers in Scotland so there must be publications about them.  I would really very much appreciate your guidance.  There is no hurry but I know there will be a lot of research involved until I can finalize my trip.

In turn I am writing to you to see if you have any suggestions on how to discover knitting centers in Scotland. If anyone has information to share, or other contacts who would be knowledgeable about this, I would greatly appreciate it.

The information does not need to be in book form, just current -- thank you in advance for all contributions to this quest!

Kathy Cowan
Katherine Cowan '81  MFA, MLS
Special Collections Librarian, Decker Library
Liaison to: Architectural Design / Drawing / Fiber / General Fine Arts / Hoffberger School of Painting / MFA in Studio Art / Painting / Printmaking
Maryland Institute College of Art
1300 West Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217
pronouns: she/her
tel: 410-225-2714
email: [log in to unmask]