Hello ARLISians!

My Teaching SIG co-moderator, Maggie Murphy, and I are happy to announce
the date and time of the 2023 Fall/Winter Lightning Round, which will take
place on *December 14* at *3 pm ET/12 pm PT*. Registration for the
Lightning Round is now open; to register, please use this sign up link:
https://uncg.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJErc-yrqjMsH9C9n1DxWoS6HfrKQad-TM4s.

*In addition*, we are looking for presenters to give *10-12 minute talks* on
any topic related to teaching in the art information professions, including
(but definitely not limited to!): information and visual literacy,
anti-racist pedagogy, reflective practice, formative assessment, artificial
intelligence, copyright and fair use, special collections, and/or artistic
research practice.

*To be considered,* please send an email by *Dec. 1st* to *[log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]>* and *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>* with
the subject "Teaching SIG LR proposal" and include a tentative title and
2-4 sentence description. We can also be reached at the above emails with
questions about the event, or the Teaching SIG in general.

Best,

Maggie Murphy & Stefanie Hilles

--

Stefanie Hilles, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Arts and Humanities Librarian

Miami University

Wertz Art and Architecture Library

350 East Spring Street
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/350+E+Spring+St,+Oxford,[log in to unmask],-84.7386219,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88403d0bf0a9a027:0xc23ea27f373a8809!8m2!3d39.5077741!4d-84.7364279>

Oxford, OH 45056
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/350+E+Spring+St,+Oxford,[log in to unmask],-84.7386219,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88403d0bf0a9a027:0xc23ea27f373a8809!8m2!3d39.5077741!4d-84.7364279>

513-529-6650

Schedule an appointment with me
<https://muohio.libcal.com/appointments?u=38477>

Pronouns: she, her, hers

I recognize the Myaamia and Shawnee people who, along with other indigenous
groups, were the first stewards of the land on which Miami University
resides. Learn more about *Miami Tribe Relations
<https://www.miamioh.edu/miami-tribe-relations/index.html>.*