The latest issue of ARS JUDAICA is now available online.

Liverpool University Press is pleased to inform you of the latest content in ARS JUDAICA<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/toc/arsjudaica/18/1>, a highly-regarded publication of the Department of Jewish Art at Bar-Ilan University<https://jart.biu.ac.il/en/>.

Published annually, the journal is a peer-reviewed publication on Jewish visual culture. It showcases the Jewish contribution to the visual arts and architecture from antiquity to the present from a variety of perspectives, including history, iconography, semiotics, psychology, sociology, and folklore. As such it is a valuable resource for art historians, collectors, curators, and all those interested in the visual arts.

Volume 18.1<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/toc/arsjudaica/18/1> contains discussions of the body and its image in late antique Jewish and Christian narrative spaces, alongside new evidence from the UT-OSMAP excavations, and work on Jewish Museums in the United States in the twentieth century. It also features musings on Ashkenazi book collecting in its material context, and an essay on Jewish prayer in the heart of Russia.

Browse all articles ><https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journal/arsjudaica>

Download a free issue ><https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/toc/arsjudaica/16/1>

To recommend a subscription to ARS JUDAICA to your library, please use our email template to contact your librarian<mailto:?subject=Could%20we%20please%20consider%20this%20Journal%20for%20our%20Library?&body=Title:%20Ars%20Judaica%2E%0DURL:%20https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journal/arsjudaica>.

Table of contents

EDITORIAL<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.1>

ILIA RODOV | MIRJAM RAJNER | LEOR JACOBI

THE MONUMENTAL TORAH SHRINE OF THE OSTIA SYNAGOGUE: NEW EVIDENCE FROM THE UT-OSMAP EXCAVATIONS<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.2>

L. MICHAEL WHITE

JACOB’S DREAM: THE BODY AND ITS IMAGE IN LATE ANTIQUE JEWISH AND CHRISTIAN NARRATIVE SPACES<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.3>

ALEXEI SIVERTSEV

THE BIRDS OF THE BIRDS’ HEAD HAGGADAH: DISPUTATION THROUGH ART<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.4>

PHYLLIS PORTNOY

BOOKS IN A MEDIEVAL HOUSEHOLD: ASHKENAZI BOOK COLLECTING IN ITS MATERIAL CONTEXT<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.5>

ILONA STEIMANN

JEWISH PRAYER IN THE HEART OF RUSSIA: SYNAGOGUES ALONG THE VOLGA RIVER<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.6>

VLADIMIR LEVIN AND ANNA BEREZIN

JEWISH MUSEUMS IN THE UNITED STATES: FOUNDATIONS AND CHANGES IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.7>

SHIR KOCHAVI

THE HORB SYNAGOGUE: RETRACING ROOTS<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.8>

ZVI ORGAD

BOOK REVIEW<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/arsjudaica.2022.18.9>

SARA OFFENBERG

Recommend to your librarian<mailto:?subject=Could%20we%20please%20consider%20this%20Journal%20for%20our%20Library?&body=Title:%20Science%20Fiction%20Film%20&%20Television%2E%0DURL:%20https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/issue/6684>

Best wishes,

Alice Burns

On behalf of Liverpool University Press