Hello,

I’m taking over art liaison duties due to a recent retirement on our library faculty. This reference question has taxed my rusty knowledge of ancient art. My patron needs information (primarily books) on female figurines of Mesopotamia circa 8000 bce-6000 BCE. I sent the patron some information from New Grove Art (Oxford Online) and did discover we have Bahrani’s Art of Mesopotamia in our collection. The patron has a photo of a female figurine from the ancient Samarra culture of Iraq and needs information related to the period and culture. Any ideas welcome?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan Asher, MM, MLS, DM

Associate Dean