Greetings from the Exhibitions SIG!

We are looking for:
  • Exhibitions to review for the Library Exhibitions Review (due Sept 29)
  • Panelists and Moderator for the 2024 Conference (due Aug 31)

Call for Exhibitions for Library Exhibitions Review

Library Exhibitions Review is published annually by the ARLIS/NA Exhibitions Special Interest Group. Our inaugural issue was published in Spring 2023. We are in the process of putting together our second issue!

Recognizing that exhibitions and displays are integral to library services, and building on the publication of its ARLIS/NA Best Practices for Library Exhibitions in 2021, ARLIS/NA launched the Library Exhibitions Review (LER) to promote these best practices and enhance the visibility of library exhibitions.

What We Are Looking For

We are looking for recommendations of library or archive exhibitions held between 2022-2024 to be reviewed by our reviewers. Exhibitions can be physical or virtual format, but must be open to the public.

Please submit exhibition recommendations by September 29, 2022 to [log in to unmask].

Co-Editors:

Freyja Catton, Wordeater Consulting

Ashley Huot, University of Manitoba

Alex Regan, University of California Santa Barbara

Meg Wang, Mississippi State University

Call for Panelists for ARLIS/NA Conference 2024

The Exhibitions SIG is putting together a panel on the topic of exhibition programming at the 2024 Conference.

What experiences or challenges have you had with exhibitions programming? What resources are needed to support this programming? Are there differences in exhibitions programming and other kinds of programming? What is the role of the library in an institution's exhibition programming? So many questions. 👀

What We Are Looking For

We are looking for panelists! Panelists may wish to give a brief presentation and/or to participate in a roundtable style Q&A Session at the ARLIS/NA 2024 Conference in Pittsburgh. Anyone interested is welcome to apply.

We would also welcome a panel moderator. Currently the SIG Coordinator’s in-person attendance is not guaranteed.

Please submit your expression of interest to us by August 31, 2023 to [log in to unmask].

Exhibitions SIG Coordinator:
Freyja Catton, Wordeater Consulting