Please join us for the 2023 ARLIS Texas-Mexico Chapter Meeting from October 5-7, 2023 held at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas.

Highlights of our fall meeting will include our annual business meeting and research roundtable, our annual chapter dinner, Lubbock's First Friday Art Trail, local library and museum visits and tours, and more! Full itinerary will be available shortly.

Registration Information
Deadline: September 29th
Send registration questions to Chapter Treasurer Quentin Pace: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Registration is open! https://forms.gle/7L5xYZea4AgRiSsdA
Registration includes all activities and tours, the research roundtable, and our annual Chapter dinner.

  *   USA and Canada Individual Member Rate - $50
  *   Mexico Individual Member Rate - $25
  *   Student / Unemployed / Retired Member Rate - $25

Hotel Information
Deadline for Hotel Block: September 21st
Send lodging/travel questions to Chapter President Hillary Veeder: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Chapter has secured a group rate at the Overton Hotel<https://www.overtonhotel.com/> in Lubbock, Texas at $129/night (Standard King). Please book by September 21st to secure the group rate.
Use the following link to book in the ARLIS Texas-Mexico hotel block: https://rb.gy/0kgu0

In addition to the Overton, the following hotels are walking distance from the meeting's events:

  *   DoubleTree by Hilton Lubbock University Area<https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/lbbuadt-doubletree-lubbock-university-area/?SEO_id=GMB-AMER-DT-LBBUADT&y_source=1_MTUwNjQxMjAtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU%3D>
  *   Staybridge Suites Lubbock<https://www.ihg.com/staybridge/hotels/us/en/lubbock/lbbsb/hoteldetail>

Members flying in for the meeting should arrive at the Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport (LBB).<https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/airport> The airport is a 20-minute trip from Texas Tech and the recommended lodging.

Research Roundtable - Call for Participants
Deadline: September 1st
Send submissions and research roundtable questions to Rebekah Boulton: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The ARLIS Texas-Mexico Chapter Research Roundtable presentations will be held in person in the Southwest Collection / Special Collections Library at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas on Friday, October 6th as part of our fall chapter meeting.

The Research Roundtable provides a time for colleagues to share projects and research they've worked on this past year. This year, we'd like you to focus your proposals on all things collections! This can be about special collections, collections management, access to collections, a research project related to a specific collection, a deep dive into a collection area your library is particularly proud of/strong in, etc. We would love to hear from you!

Deadline for presentation proposals (see more details below) is September 1, 2023. Accepted presenters will be notified by end of day September 8th. This year we will continue the option of presenting shorter Lightning Round presentations. The two formats are:

Lightning Round Presentations: These are roughly 5 min in length and can be more informal. Share specific concepts of collections you are excited about, your role in a larger collections project, personal research into/using a specific collection that isn't fully fleshed out, helpful tips n tricks for working with collections, your experience as an intern or early-career librarian role with collections, etc.

Research Roundtable Presentations: These are around 15 min in length and are usually more traditional in presentation style. Share more granular details of major collection projects, updated workflows and best practices for collections/collection development, DEI work within your library space related to collections, etc.

Please submit your name, a title and abstract of the presentation, type of presentation (roundtable or lightning), and institutional affiliation to Rebekah Boulton ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by end of business day, September 1st.

We are excited to see everyone in Lubbock in October!

The 2023 Fall Meeting Planning Committee
Hillary Veeder (Chapter President), Texas Tech University
Quentin Pace (Chapter Treasurer), The Menil Collection
Rebekah Boulton, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Lindsey Jackson, Texas Tech University
Lauren Gottlieb-Miller, The Menil Collection