Hi ARLIS folks,

It looks like we had an error with the form link we sent in our last message. Please see the updated Call for Editors below. Thank you!

CALL FOR EDITORS:

The Journal of New Librarianship (JoNL) seeks to expand its Editorial Board. In keeping with the journal's commitment to diversity, equity, and plurality of viewpoints, JoNL invites prospective editorial board members from a diverse range of backgrounds and lived experiences, with varied subject and functional expertise. In this role, editors perform a variety of functions, including, but not limited to evaluating journal submissions and providing author feedback, intentionally selecting and supporting a diverse range of peer reviewers, and coordinating other aspects of the peer review process in collaboration with the Managing Editors and the Communications Editor. Editors attend monthly board meetings via Zoom to discuss administration and promotion of the journal. Editors can have anywhere from 1-3 submissions to coordinate in their queue at any given time, approximately 3-8 during the calendar year; submission assignments may not always match the editor's area of expertise. Schedules and workloads are flexible. These are unpaid, volunteer positions.

JoNL was established in 2016 as a peer-reviewed, independent, free, open access Library and Information Science journal that provides an outlet for emerging and interdisciplinary scholarship that does not fit within the narrowly defined subject specialization of existing journals. JoNL is a Diamond open access publication in which authors retain full copyright of their work through CC-BY licensing. There are no processing fees, nor is there a cost to access published materials. Since its launch, JoNL has published 8 volumes (13 issues total), and is recognized in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory as a peer-reviewed academic journal and indexed by the Directory of Open Access Journal. More information about the journal, including a summary of the editorial and peer review process, can be located on the about page: https://newlibs.org/index.php/jonl/about

Individuals interested in being added to JoNL's Editorial Board are encouraged to fill out this form:
https://forms.gle/FXKrfXno4kGxHDi78.
We encourage individuals who are early-career and/or may not have prior experience with editorial work as well as those with previous experience to apply. We will provide training and coaching support as needed! Additional questions can be forwarded to the JoNL Communications Editor, Claire Du Laney <<[log in to unmask]>>

Best,

Kiana Webster

Social Sciences, History, & Africana Studies Librarian | Randall Library | University of North Carolina Wilmington

(she/her/hers) | [log in to unmask]

Vice Coordinator for Africana StudiesUNCW
Column Editor, Journal of New Librarianship