Dear Colleagues,

The Anti-Racism Committee seeks two ad-hoc members to join the committee for this governance year.

The mission of the ARLIS/NA Anti-Racism Committee is to review and assess the Society’s efforts towards diversity and equity and its progress in eradicating systemic racism in the organization and the visual arts information profession. The committee will review the anti-racism goals and work recorded in the Society’s annual reports and assess the Society’s demographic data on membership in order to prepare a report for the board that includes recommendations for the following years.

The work of this committee provides a necessary service to ARLIS/NA as it will allow us over time to ensure we are fulfilling a vital aspect of our mission, vision, and values. The active work of the committee will take place within the next six months.

If you have questions or would be interested in serving on the committee, please contact me directly at [log in to unmask] or 617-879-7115.

Best,
Rachel

Rachel Resnik
ARLIS/NA President