Announcing Donald Judd Library Digital Resource

Dear Friends,

I am pleased to share a preview with you of the Donald Judd Library, the newest digital resource from Judd Foundation made possible through the generous support of the Carl & Marilynn Thoma Foundation.

Don’s library houses more than thirteen thousand volumes and is mainly held within two libraries at the Block in Marfa. The library holds volumes that encompass topics from classical art, architecture, from history to astronomy, anthropology, horticulture, literature, and philosophy—as wide ranging as his interests. The volumes in these libraries have helped me navigate the world, and through this project, I am pleased to share the same opportunity with you. As Don said of his library: “It’s about everything.”

It is a primary part of our mission to develop resources that allow for a greater understanding of his life and work, and through digital preservation projects such as this, we are able to reach audiences worldwide.

We welcome you to explore this resource and discover the books that continue to inspire us all.

Should you have any questions or ideas, please be in touch.

Yours in reading,

Rainer Judd
President

Image: First library, La Mansana de Chinati/The Block, Judd Foundation, Marfa, Texas. Photo Matthew Millman © Judd Foundation.

Explore Judd Foundation spaces with our digital guide available on the Bloomberg Connects app. The free guide provides an overview of Donald Judd’s permanently installed spaces in New York and Texas through short film portraits, interactive maps, and installed art by location. Discover these resources and more by downloading the guide on your mobile device.

Support Us Follow Us