Dear Colleagues,

As outgoing Co-coordinators of the Artist File SIG, Rebecca Friedman and I are pleased to announce that Amy Furness (Art Gallery of Ontario) and Freyja Catton (Wordeater Consulting) will now serve as the SIG’s Co-coordinators. Welcome Freyja and Amy!

With this change in leadership, we are also excited to let you know that the SIG has a new website, accessible through the Humanities Commons and publicly viewable online: https://artistfiles.arlisna.hcommons.org/

This includes a new post in the SIG’s “Artist Files in Action” blog series. It discusses an ongoing research project by John Latour and me, which seeks to assess the current state of artist file collections in Canada: https://artistfiles.arlisna.hcommons.org/2023/07/04/artist-files-in-action-no-5-the-state-of-artists-files-in-canadian-glams-and-arcs/

Stay tuned for more SIG activities to come.

All best wishes,

Sara and Rebecca

Sara Ellis  MLIS, MA, BA (She, Her, Hers)
Art & Visual Literacy Librarian
UBC Library | Music, Art & Architecture Library
Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Territory
414-1961 East Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
604-827-3549 |
barber.library.ubc.ca