University Librarian - Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Vancouver, BC

Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary: $118,853 to $158,470 per annum
Employment Term: Full-time
Employer Contact: Human Resources - [log in to unmask]

Emily Carr University of Art + Design is a school of students, faculty, thinkers and makers unlike any other. Established in 1925, we are the only specialized, accredited, public, post-secondary university in British Columbia solely devoted to education and research in the creative sector and its associated knowledge economy. We merge research, critical theory and studio practice in an interdisciplinary environment, strengthening our work by the integration of our personal and professional practices. Our strategy, facilities, partnerships and resources are intentionally student-centred to foster dialogue, expression and open connections in support of the next generation of creative and cultural leaders.

The University Librarian (UL) provides leadership, and develops goals, and a vision for the Library + Archives, in support of the strategic initiatives of the University. The UL is responsible for the overall administration, planning, and coordination of the Library + Archives. They provide direction for a wide array of functions, activities and policies that affect the successful activation, implementation and utilization of collections, services, facilities, and technology within the Library + Archives.

The UL is responsible for the supervision and evaluation of Library + Archives team members, in a unionized environment, and supports, advises, and mentors library supervisors.

This leadership role also holds responsibility as the University Copyright Officer and guides the creation and implementation of copyright policy and procedures while also providing copyright education for students, faculty, and staff.

The UL plays a significant part in the integration and representation of the Library + Archives within the Emily Carr community, the library community, and the creative and cultural community. The UL assumes a senior administrative position reporting directly to the Vice-President, Academic + Provost. Collaborative leadership with other senior administrators across diverse service and academic areas is integral to the success of the office of the University Librarian.

Benefits of Joining the Emily Carr community:
Some Typical Duties Include:
Required Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications

Emily Carr University especially invites those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized. These include women, persons with diverse gender expressions and identities, persons of all sexual orientations, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and First Nations, Metis, Inuit and Indigenous persons. All qualified people are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.

APPLY HERE