From: Madison Sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 4:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Collection Development SIG Meeting, 6/27

Collection Development SIG Meeting Information
Tuesday, June 27 via Zoom
11am Pacific, 12pm Mountain, 1pm Central, 2pm Eastern

Discussion Topic: Special Considerations for Weeding Arts Collections
What factors do you take into account before starting a weeding project? What perimeters do you set, and what statistics do you review? How are weeding arts collections different than weeding in other disciplines? In what ways is it the same process?  How does weeding differ within an academic environment vs a museum environment? What is the state of weeding print reference collections and print periodicals in arts libraries? Do you have suggestions to share with fellow arts librarians?

Call for Brief Speakers & Questions
If you would like to speak for no more than five minutes about a past or present arts collection weeding project, or, if you would like to submit a question about weeding arts collections to be addressed during our discussion, please submit your information here: https://forms.gle/yYi2WVKwYdefA8gj8

Join us on Humanities Commons!
We're finally on Humanities Commons, you can join us here: https://arlisna.hcommons.org/groups/arlis-na-collection-development-sig/ Please bear with me as I learn this new-to-me tool! I plan to store meeting notes and other relevant documents there in the future.

Please reach out if you have any questions or comments. I look forward to seeing you on June 27th!

Thank you,
Madison

--
Madison Sullivan, MSLIS (she/hers)
fine & performing arts librarian

[log in to unmask] | schedule an appointment
explore new art books at the art library!