Dear colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce the *call for nominations for this year's
ARLIS/NA Executive Board leadership positions*! ARLIS/NA thrives on the
dedication and contributions of member volunteers, and serving on the
Executive Board is an incredibly rewarding way to engage in our
professional organization actively, make an impact on our field, and expand
your skills and network.

The 2023 Nominating Committee invites all Society members to submit
nominations, including self-nominations, for the following positions on the
Executive Board:

   -

   Vice President/President-Elect: The Vice President/President-Elect plays
   a vital role in our organization's leadership and governance. This position
   acts as a bridge between the current President and the future President,
   providing valuable support and contributing to the overall success of
   ARLIS/NA. *(3-year term)*
   -

   Canadian Liaison: The Canadian Liaison represents our Canadian members
   and fosters collaboration between ARLIS/NA and Canadian national
   professional associations. *(2-year term)*
   -

   Education Liaison: The Education Liaison promotes professional
   development and educational initiatives within ARLIS/NA. *(2-year term)*
   -

   Treasurer: The Treasurer of ARLIS/NA oversees the organization's
   financial activities. This position requires a strong understanding of
   financial management, attention to detail, and effective
communication. *(2-year
   term)*

✨If you are interested in self-nominating or exploring future
opportunities, please complete this form to indicate your interest.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA_M3ZSSe_u2EHlwI9MlZ40a_iw4TmXcOhWLMZ8WvemMxQ6w/viewform?fbzx=4944234330094821385>
✨

If you want to nominate someone else, kindly email us their name and the
position you want to nominate them for.

Qualifications

The Nominating Committee is dedicated to identifying individuals eager to
help guide ARLIS/NA in fulfilling its mission, vision, and goals through
its service on the Executive Board. We seek candidates who demonstrate the
following qualities:

   -

   Strong leadership skills
   -

   Knowledge of ARLIS/NA and its objectives
   -

   Relevant competencies
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/19bhCWiJ72XBnKTRQBTWExXyhSh_qOvDPczKvyDqxABA/edit>
   aligned with the specific Executive Board position
   -

   Representation of the diverse membership of ARLIS/NA

For most roles, having served as a chair or moderator in chapters,
committees, CPACs, divisions, SIGs, or sections is sufficient to
demonstrate the first two points. However, for the Vice
President/President-Elect position, candidates should have previous
experience serving on the Executive Board.

Terms of Office

The terms of office will commence at the 2024 ARLIS/NA membership meeting
during the 52nd annual conference in Pittsburgh. For more details about
each position, please refer to our Executive Board Position Description
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mjzUI07_iQpi-AJu7uy0W7CHBGv9GrC_Blkz5fB8KXs/edit>
document.

We can’t wait to hear from you!

Don't hesitate to contact any of us if you require additional information
about these opportunities or the nomination process. We eagerly await your
participation and engagement!

Best regards,

Heather Slania (chair)

Rina Vecchiola

Beth Shoemaker

Maria Oldal

Elias Gabriel Larralde

Jacob Lackner

- - -

Heather Slania (she/her/hers)

Director, Decker Library, Maryland Institute College of Art

MICA's Land Acknowledgement
<https://www.mica.edu/mica-dna/diversity-equity-inclusion-and-globalization/micas-land-acknowledgement/>

Living and working on the land of the Susquehannock People and the unceded
lands of the Piscataway and Nanticoke Peoples in Baltimore, Maryland.

Schedule a meeting with me: calendly.com/hslania

Schedule a research consultation with a librarian:
calendly.com/libraryresearchconsultations