Dear colleagues,

The newly established Compass Award was introduced at the ARLIS/NA business meeting at the annual conference in Mexico City. This award supports an internship which provides financial and professional support for new and early-career colleagues in the arts. The award is open to individuals who identify as racialized. The award supports the completion of a project as proposed by the applicant under the guidance of a mentor and includes a one-year membership in ARLIS/NA.

We are recruiting a chair and members to serve on the Compass Awards Subcommittee. The committee consists of no fewer than three members, the majority of whom self-identify as having lived experience reflecting the diversity of our communities (race, ethnicity, gender, etc.), and one member is preferably from ArLiSNAP. The committee will head the call for internship proposals (by Sept. 15), evaluate applications (after Nov. 1.), and select an awardee (by mid-December). The award recipient will be announced via the ARLIS/NA listserv and acknowledged at Convocation during the annual conference.

For more information about the Compass Award, including the award application process: https://www.arlisna.org/compass-award-

Thank you to the ARLIS/NA members who responded to my previous call for volunteers to serve on other ARLIS/NA Awards subcommittees. The position below is still vacant for 23-24:

Distinguished Service Award – chair

For more information about the DSA: https://www.arlisna.org/distinguished-service-award

Please let me know if you have any questions about these roles or are interested in volunteering.

Thank you,

Courtney Stine
Chair, Awards Committee

Courtney Stine