From: Aditi Chandra <[log in to unmask]>
Date: June 12, 2023 at 7:18:20 PM CDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ACSAA] Publication: Living Archives  in Third Text Forum

External Email - Exercise Caution

Dear Friends,

We are writing to inform all of you about the publication of an edited collection of transdisciplinary essays that has been published on the Third Text Forum (available online, open access) called Living Archives: Re/Animating the Subjects of History.

It is available here:  http://www.thirdtext.org/living-archives

The collection, emerging out of the roundtable held at ACSAA in Nov 2019 at Edinburgh College of Art, includes an Introduction by Sanjukta Sunderason (University of Amsterdam) and Aditi Chandra (University of California, Merced) called “Living Archives and Decolonial Potentialities: Re/animating the Subjects of History” Available here: http://www.thirdtext.org/livingarchives-chandra-sunderason1 in two parts.

The collection includes a host of essay-length explorations on the concept of living archives, in inter-disciplinary and intermedial ways, spanning visual art, architectural monuments, music, dance, documentary filmmaking, film institutions, as well as discourses on freedom, decolonization, historical and memory practices, as well as archival methodologies.

We hope that this open access collection of essays will be of research and teaching use for many in this community. Our sincere thanks to ACSAA for being the nurturing ground for this project.

All our best wishes,

Sanjukta and Aditi

--

Aditi Chandra

Assistant Professor of Art History / Visual Studies

Global Arts Studies Program

School of Social Sciences Humanities & Arts

University of California, Merced

+1-209-228-2321

website: https://gasp.ucmerced.edu/content/aditi-chandra