arlisna-full-color-horizontal-logo.png

Greetings ARLIS/NA colleagues,

I hope your summer is off to a great start. The reason for this email is to share a short survey with you -- it'll only take a minute or two to respond.

The board is exploring the idea of adding a fully virtual conference to our cycle of annual conferences. It's a complex issue and any decisions will require considerable thought. On the one side are the arguments  that a virtual conference is more equitable, more accessible, greener (with a lower carbon footprint), and potentially less expensive for the attendee. On the other side are the arguments of the (somewhat immeasurable) value of meeting face-to-face, the interaction with our vendors, and the exquisite experience of learning about a place and its cultural and artistic significance.

The purpose of this survey is to get a quick reading of your reaction to and thoughts about periodic virtual conferences. The information we learn from your response is part of a much broader exploration of the idea.

Please respond to the survey by the end of the day on Friday, June 16. We look forward to learning what you think. Thank you in advance for your participation.

On behalf of the Executive Board,

Rebecca Price
Past President