[image: arlisna-full-color-horizontal-logo.png]

Greetings ARLIS/NA colleagues,

I hope your summer is off to a great start. The reason for this email is to
share a short survey <https://forms.gle/AqRNKj6GgD6xQhFH6> with you --
it'll only take a minute or two to respond.

The board is *exploring* the idea of adding a fully virtual conference to
our cycle of annual conferences. It's a complex issue and any decisions
will require considerable thought. On the one side are the arguments  that
a virtual conference is more equitable, more accessible, greener (with a
lower carbon footprint), and potentially less expensive for the attendee.
On the other side are the arguments of the (somewhat immeasurable) value of
meeting face-to-face, the interaction with our vendors, and the exquisite
experience of learning about a place and its cultural and artistic
significance.

The purpose of this survey is to get a quick reading of your reaction to
and thoughts about periodic virtual conferences. The information we learn
from your response is part of a much broader exploration of the idea.

Please respond to the survey <https://forms.gle/AqRNKj6GgD6xQhFH6> by the
end of the day on *Friday, June 16*. We look forward to learning what you
think. Thank you in advance for your participation.

On behalf of the Executive Board,

Rebecca Price
Past President