[image: arlisna-full-color-horizontal-logo.png]

Greetings ARLIS/NA colleagues,

Just a reminder that the deadline for responding to our survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEmDODJPJlSgIi65muUX6x0cDGjhCtOPC9nnXt2V6q9_RDlQ/viewform>
on your thoughts about periodic virtual conferences in our cycle of
conferences is this *Friday, June 16th.*  It'll only take a minute or two
to respond.

The purpose of this survey is to get a quick reading of your reaction to
and thoughts about periodic virtual conferences. The information we learn
from your response is part of a much broader exploration of the idea.

To refresh your memory, the board is exploring the idea of adding a fully
virtual conference to our cycle of annual conferences. It's a complex issue
and any decisions will require considerable thought. On the one side are
the arguments that a virtual conference is more equitable, more accessible,
greener (with a lower carbon footprint), and potentially less expensive for
the attendee. On the other side are the arguments of the (somewhat
immeasurable) value of meeting face-to-face, the interaction with our
vendors, and the exquisite experience of learning about a place and its
cultural and artistic significance.

We look forward to learning what you think. Thank you in advance for your
participation.

On behalf of the Executive Board,

Rebecca Price
Past President