Like Ed, my connection with Phil Rees goes back to my days when attending
graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. He was a fabulous mentor to those of us
who aspired to be art librarians, and continued to receive his sage advice
as we entered the profession. I would see Phil and sometimes Peg at many
ARLIS/NA meetings including those in the Southeast. At one of the NYC
conferences I had a harrowing taxi ride with Phil and others across
Manhattan! And Phil was the first person who told me about a great store
with wonderfully designed items, Crate and Barrel, before these shops
spread around the United States! Such a great librarian and man. He will be
missed.

Leslie Abrams, Distinguished Librarian Emeritus, University of California,
San Diego