I've shown work in a space like that, haven't run into any issues. I think the impetus was placed on me as the artist to provide insurance (which means it wasn't insured 😅)

If you can provide something sturdy to lock up the art and make it a nuisance to take, that would be helpful! I've seen art locked in cases, or frames locked onto hanging chain.

Hope that helps!

-Frey