I would agree that there is no one term that should describe all these groups. It's great to want to decenter to the white male art history canon, but trying to put all these under one heading actually centers the canon.

I would +1 to the recommendation of having separate guides for these, as well as just assessing other guides to make sure that they are inclusive.

- - -

Heather Slania (she/her/hers)

Director, Decker Library, Maryland Institute College of Art

MICA's Land Acknowledgement

Living and working on the land of the Susquehannock People and the unceded lands of the Piscataway and Nanticoke Peoples in Baltimore, Maryland.

Schedule a meeting with me: calendly.com/hslania

Schedule a research consultation with a librarian: calendly.com/libraryresearchconsultations