From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Alger, Jeff [LIB] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 4:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Terminology suggestions: Art from "marginalized" communities

I agree wholeheartedly with Janine. We need to think about what we would use as search terms to find "art by women artists", "folk art traditions", etc. Marginalized is a problem, not the solution, to be blunt.

Jeff Alger

Librarian III, Subject Liaison for Design and Music

University Library

701 Morrill Rd | 150 Parks Library

Iowa State University