***please excuse cross-posting***

ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews Needs You!

ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews Co-editors are seeking volunteers
to author reviews for the June 2023 issue. To volunteer, choose a resource
from the list below and complete our Reviewer Interest form (
https://forms.gle/95thAQpEkK4NwbwJ6) by Wednesday, March 29, 2023.

Initial draft submissions are due Monday, May 1, 2023.

Contributing to ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews
<https://multimediatechnologyreviews.arlisna.hcommons.org/> is a great
opportunity to get involved with the Society, learn about interesting new
resources, and help shape the publication. Please feel free to read
the complete
review guidelines
<https://multimediatechnologyreviews.arlisna.hcommons.org/reviewer-guidelines/>
and
direct comments and questions about the reviews to [log in to unmask]

Know of a resource we should review? Submit ideas here.
<https://forms.gle/eVQ9YeMNWjfXJys38>

Submitted by ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews Co-editors:

Virginia Kerr

Alexandra Provo

Karina Wratschko

---

Resources for Review
We seek reviewers for the following resources. The snippets below are taken
from each resource's web page and are not necessarily the opinions of the
M&T Reviews Co-Editors

Index of Medieval Art

https://ima.princeton.edu/

For nearly a century, the Index of Medieval Art has provided researchers at
Princeton and beyond with both visual images and scholarly expertise. Our
print index and online database together make available approximately
350,000 images and data from the “Long Middle Ages,” from early apostolic
times until the sixteenth century. Originally called the Index of Christian
Art, reflecting its beginnings as a focused resource for the study of early
Christian art, the Index now sets its parameters more broadly, including
works from multiple medieval faith traditions as well as secular imagery.
We are very pleased to announce that as of July 1, 2023, a paid
subscription will no longer be required for access to the Index. This
transition was made possible by a generous grant from the Samuel H. Kress
Foundation.

Martin Wong Catalogue Raisonné

https://exhibits.stanford.edu/martin-wong

The Martin Wong Catalogue Raisonné is a free online resource featuring the
paintings, drawings, poetry, and ceramics of artist Martin Wong (1946–99).
In addition to detailed records of over 800 works of art, the project
features new essays by scholars and curators, a comprehensive illustrated
chronology, and a wealth of primary source material including revealing
interviews, a 1991 recording of Wong speaking about his work, and a film
portrait from the last decade of his life.

Media-N: Journal of the New Media Caucus

https://iopn.library.illinois.edu/journals/median

Founded in 2005, Media-N: Journal of the New Media Caucus is a
peer-reviewed, open-access journal (ISSN 1942-017X) dedicated to scholarly
research and critical dialogue on new media art. We accept proposals for
themed issues encompassing scholarly articles, critical essays, artists'
projects, and reviews.

MHz Curationist

https://www.curationist.org/

MHz Curationist is an ecosystem for collecting and sharing cultural
materials from the Creative Commons and public domain. We aim to build
connections and deepen cultural awareness by collectively framing the world
we share. Curationist a space for finding and collecting significant
cultural and historical resources that are not limited by copyright. We are
people-driven, not algorithm or profit-driven. We strive for inclusion,
integrated value creation and innovation as an unfixed and intersectional
hub of many cultures: a collaborative global community of dynamic
individuals sharing their knowledges and voices. We aspire to communicate
liberated cultural narratives that enhance curiosity, intercultural
exchange, and critical thinking by prioritizing collaboration and directing
attention to the source.

Museum Crush

https://museumcrush.org/

Museum Crush is dedicated to sharing the many curious and compelling
objects found in smaller and non-national museum collections. As the name
suggests, we love museums and hope this website will help you explore the
rich treasures they contain – from their archives, storerooms and digital
collections to their displays and exhibitions.

Peoples' Graphic Design Archive

https://peoplesgdarchive.org/

The People’s Graphic Design Archive is a crowd-sourced virtual archive of
inclusive graphic design history. The Archive includes everything from
finished projects to process, photos, correspondence, oral histories,
anecdotes, articles, essays, and other supporting material. You’ll find all
sorts of information and links to other relevant archives, too.

Quire

https://quire.getty.edu/

Quire is an open-source multiformat publishing tool designed for longevity,
discoverability, and scholarship. Using a single set of plain text files,
Quire creates books as authoritative and enduring as print and as vibrant
and feature-rich as the web—all without paying a fee or maintaining a
complicated server. Created by Getty, free to use.

Re:Frame

https://americanart.si.edu/videos/reframe

Re:Frame brings together SAAM art historians and researchers from across
the Smithsonian–think zoologists, geologists, musicologists, and
astronomers–to explore art’s many meanings. Join host Melissa as she
crisscrosses the Smithsonian making connections, exploring diverse
perspectives, and proving that American art is for everyone.

--
Alexandra Provo (she/her/hers)
*Metadata Librarian for Arts & Cultural Heritage Resources*

Division of Libraries, New York University
70 Washington Square South, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10012
ORCID: 0000-0001-8108-2025 <https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8108-2025>

*I do my best not to check or respond to email on the weekends. That said, **I
may email you outside your working hours, or while you are out of the
office**. **Please don't feel pressure to respond to me until your working
hours.*