Hello All,

We are working on updating our library’s policies around the types of materials that we save in ephemera or accession files, especially for special collections materials. We have a collection that we are currently processing that includes a lot of items tucked into books and it’s forcing us to clarify our policies on this topic. One area that I’m particularly interested in is how other libraries handle printed clippings from newspapers or magazines. These are often reviews of the book, interviews with the author, or articles on the subject. I would also be interested in how your policies around handling these materials may differ for special collection materials versus regular stacks materials.

Any insights into how your library handles these materials would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Amelia

Amelia Nelson

(she/her/hers) What's this?