Larry,

What a quintessential NY rodent story. Made my day.  Margaret

From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Thomas Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 12:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Hotel Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania 6-5000 is no longer in service.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2023, at 9:24 PM, Laurence McGilvery <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

All, true, dear friend, but where did all the displaced mice go?

I think it was a large, otherwise unoccupied room on the mezzanine where a social was held one morning, complete with a generous display of breakfast pastries. After everyone had left, another man and I were looking for a place to chat. To my dismay, I cannot remember his identity; if he reads this, I hope he will set me straight, so I can slap my forehead and exclaim, "Of course!"

This empty room beckoned, but, as we soon discovered, it had been re-occupied by what must have been hundreds of little mice feasting on the morning's leavings. They seemed unconcerned by us and were no obstacle to our brief business, so we all co-existed peaceably for a few minutes until the two of us left, our conversation concluded.

Warmly, Larry