Hi Folks,

In our last meeting, SCIP members came up with some fun ideas for this year’s conference makerspace in Mexico City. This year, the maker space will share space with the poster sessions, so it should be well attended. Please sign up here if you’d like to volunteer for an hour or more. In addition to our tried-and-true collaging/post cards, Alex O’Keefe will bring back the zine template that was so popular last year. Emily Coxe is gathering materials for sashiko kits. If you have materials that you’d like to donate, please let us know.

Also, I want to announce Emily Coxe as our incoming chair. Emily has been a really great, proactive and creative vice-chair the last two years! We’re now looking for a new vice-chair to start after the conference. Let me know if you are interested in this two year term.

For those of you who will be attending the conference in person, happy trails and see you soon!

Best,
Heather Gendron
Chair, SCIP SIG