Hi Folks,

Not able to attend the ACRL conference in Pittsburgh this year? The Arts
Section invites you to attend a reprise presentation of the only
art-focused session No Thoughts, Just Vibes?: Interrogating Algorithms
through Visual Art and Information Literacy. The impact of AI on both art
and education is a hot topic, and this session thoughtfully addresses the
issue and provides inspiration for art librarians figuring out how to
engage with this evolving technology.

Register to receive a zoom link to join the session
<https://forms.gle/USa9YNBxU6kakW648> on Wednesday, March 29 at 11am EST:

Panelists:

   -

   Stephanie Grimm | Art and Art History Librarian, George Mason University
   -

   Maggie Murphy | Art & Design Librarian, UNC Greensboro
   -

   Mackenzie Salisbury | Information Literacy Librarian, School of the Art
   Institute of Chicago
   -

   Mimosa Shah | Associate Curator, Schlesinger Library, Harvard Radcliffe
   Institute

Session Description:

   -

   “Building on the work of contemporary artists who use creative practice
   to surface and disrupt the influence of algorithms in society, we seek to
   introduce friction into students' algorithmic experience, highlighting
   where algorithms intersect with bias, visibility, privacy, serendipity,
   inspiration, and authorship in our information literacy pedagogy. In
   this moderated panel, we will discuss some key questions, including: How
   can students engage creatively with algorithmic environments while
   maintaining a critical focus? In what ways does art allow us to reframe and
   rethink our use of technology?”

--
*Carla-Mae Crookendale, **she/her*
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why/>