Hello,

Another acquisitions colleague inquired on acqnet list about serials brokers for publications that standard serials brokers typically do not happen.

These are design periodicals, often without true “subscription” options.  For example, at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, we have identified a few different such publications.

Often we have to pay for these by credit card, and otherwise order as they are published from an individual website.

If anyone knows of a vendor who can provide a certain level of boutique or concierge services for these, not only would we love to know, I am happy to pass along to my colleague from the acquisitions list.  It was a great question, and I did not see any hidden gems from the responses.

We are both familiar with EBSCO, Harrassowitz and WT Cox.  We are probably both hoping against hope, but still thought it would be worth asking the ARLIS world if anyone has found a perfect solution for these newer, independent publications that are not set up to work with traditional serials brokers.

Feel free to contact me off-list if anyone has recommendations if you prefer not to post to the main list.

Thanks!

George Gottschalk

Director of Acquisitions