Hi everyone,

Please excuse cross-postings as I share this very cool opportunity 'across the pond'.

-------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Richenda Gwilt <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 20, 2023, 9:25 AM
Subject: Arclib 2023 - First call for papers
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello everyone

This year's Arclib conference is at Sheffield Hallam University, 12 - 14 July 2023.

We are calling out to you for your contributions to the conference.

These are the standard formats, but we are open to suggestions for other formats:

  • Lightening talk - up to 15 minutes with or without slides
  • Workshop - up to 2 hours with active participation or small group work
  • Talk - up to 1 hour including questions from delegates
  • Poster - bring a poster about your project and chat about it informally with delegates

To note: our conferences are small, supportive and friendly, so it's a good opportunity to present if you haven't done it before. And if you have presented at Arclib before, you already know how what an encouraging reception our speakers receive.

The conference has an open theme, but here are some suggestions for topics:

  • Something you put into practice after attending an Arclib conference or other event
  • Highlights and lowlights of your participation in a RIBA Validation event
  • How you are using new or existing technologies in your work
  • How you are supporting your students - ideas or questions to share
  • How your practice is developing as an architecture librarian
  • A recent library refurb or redesign - how was it, how are students enjoying it (or not)...
  • How you collaborate with students and / or academic colleagues
  • Decolonising and/or anti-racism work you are involved with at your institution

Send your contributions to me by end of Friday 24 March 2023

All the best

Richenda

……………………………………………………

Richenda Gwilt (she/her/hers)

Arclib Chair

Learning Resources Manager

Central Saint Martins Library

University of the Arts London

T +44 (0)7872 004944

arts.ac.uk

All best,

-------------------------------------
Stephanie Beene, MA, MSIS (she/her)
Associate Professor, Liaison Librarian for the Art Department and the School of Architecture & Planning
https://ulls.unm.edu/people/directory/b/beene-stephanie.php

Schedule an appointment with me @: https://libcal.unm.edu/appointments/sbeene

Fine Arts & Design Library,
George Pearl Hall 435
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131

[...]

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and/or its attachments you must not take any action based upon them and you must not copy or show them to anyone. Please send the email back to us and immediately and permanently delete it and its attachments. Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London or of any of its group companies the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London (or the relevant group company). Where the sender's signature indicates that the email is sent on behalf of UAL Short Courses Limited the following also applies: UAL Short Courses Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02361261. Registered Office: University of the Arts London, 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY
Visit the official page of ARLIS UK & Ireland http://www.arlis.net/Home. Subscribe to https://arlismatters.wordpress.com/, to receive regular posts on art library and archive matters; news, print and digital art and design resources, artists’ books, recent and upcoming events and exhibitions, ARLIS/UK & Ireland publications, job listings and professional profiles.