Dear Members,

We are excited to announce we've made a recent update to our system that will allow for increased connectivity between your digital scholarly portfolios! It’s now possible for all users to add an ORCiD ID as a login method when accessing Humanities Commons. ORCiD is a non-profit organization that allows users to share their research and publications across many platforms, and its unique digital identifier is widely used by scholars, researchers, and institutions. By adding ORCiD as a login method for the Commons, we hope to make it simpler for our users to access the Commons through a trusted provider.

If you already have an ORCiD ID, it can be easily linked to your Commons profile by following our guide for adding a new login method. Be sure to choose “Authorize access” when prompted. If you do not have an ORCiD ID and are interested in creating one, you can register during the account linking process. Authorizing ORCiD access on the Commons will only update your login method. No other changes will be made to your account or profile, and there will not be other data shared between ORCiD and the Commons.

Along with integrating ORCiD, we’ve also made the decision to remove Twitter as a login method on the Commons. Due to the current instability of Twitter, our users who have Twitter as their primary method of login may not be able to access their Commons accounts at some point very soon. Therefore, we recommend adding an additional login method as soon as possible. Officially, we plan to close Twitter login on February 28th, but we encourage changing to a different login method before this date by following the steps linked above. Contact us at [log in to unmask]
if you have questions.

Thanks,

The Humanities Commons Team

Members