Greetings all ARLIS/NA members,

Although our upcoming conference in Mexico City
<https://www.arlisna.org/events/2023-annual-conference-> (barely over two
months from now) is foremost on our minds, we ask you to turn your
attention briefly to our 2024 conference.

For our 2024 conference, we will be testing a *new* conference planning
model, one which we hope will engage our members. The reason for this new
model is that many chapters don’t have the capacity to host a conference
using our current model. In addition, this plan offers significant
professional development opportunities to all members, and opens up other
possibilities for conference sites enhancing the ability of the society to
plan strategically.

In the new model, the host chapter will manage the planning that requires
local knowledge and on-the-ground presence.  For instance, the local
arrangements co-chairs, the local guide editor, tours coordinator, and
local development officer will come from the host chapter.  The publicity
coordinator, volunteer coordinator, and exhibit hall coordinator positions,
while not required to be local, may be filled by members of the host
chapter. This group will form the Local Arrangements Committee.

Many planning activities related to the program and some under the umbrella
of local arrangements, as noted above, can be performed without local
connections.  To fill these, we are reaching out to the entire membership
to solicit volunteers.

Here is a brief description of the positions that fill the Program and the
Local Arrangements Committees.  For a more complete and detailed
explanation of duties and responsibilities, we refer you to the Conference
Planning Manual, available on the ARLIS/NA website <http://arlisna.org> in
the Members Only Access section of Administrative Documents.

   -

   Program Co-chairs (two positions)

Oversee all aspects of the conference program and work closely with local
arrangements co-chairs, executive board members who serve on the Conference
Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC), as well as the management company’s
meeting planning team. Oversee all members of the Program Committee. Build
out and maintain SCHED, maintain contact lists, write CFPs, and distribute
grant funds as needed. There is a considerable time commitment.

   -

   Program Committee members at-large (four positions)
   Assist program co-chairs with the peer-reviewed selection of conference
   sessions, workshops, and posters.
   -

   Workshop Coordinator
   Oversee workshops and serve as primary contact for workshop presenters
   after program co-chairs determine acceptance.
   -

   Poster Session Coordinator
   Oversee poster sessions and serve as primary contact for poster
   proposals after program co-chairs determine acceptance.
   -

   Conference Materials Editor
   Obtain signed publication agreements and public appearance consent
   forms, gather materials, and make them available after the conference via
   the ARLIS/NA Kaltura channel.
   -

   Publicity Coordinator

Create, update, and share information on the conference website and social
media.

   -

   Volunteer Coordinator

Open and manage the Hospitality Desk during the conference and coordinate
volunteers assisting with the conference.

   -

   Exhibit Hall Coordinator

Liaise with exhibitors and coordinate with the meeting planner to ensure a
successful event for our exhibitors.

Together, the Program Committee and the Local Arrangements Committee, along
with the local development officer and board liaisons will form the Conference
Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC).

While the time commitment, particularly for the program co-chair positions,
can be considerable, the professional and personal rewards are in equal
measure.  The announcement of the site of the 2024 conference cannot be
shared, pending hotel negotiations, but we can say the Ohio Valley Chapter
is filling positions within the Local Arrangements Committee.

We invite all interested members to fill out this form indicating your
interest <https://forms.gle/S7NLZr394jui1qRA7> to participate on CPAC for
the 2024 conference.  Let us know your interest in a particular position
and any experience you have that will help you in that position.  If you
would like to team up with an ARLIS/NA colleague, please let us know on the
form.  The deadline for submitting the form is *11:59 pm ET, March 3, 2023.*

Reach out to Rebecca Price ([log in to unmask]) or Rachel Resnik (
[log in to unmask]) with any questions.

All best,
Rebecca Price and Rachel Resnik

--------