From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of McPherson, Patricia M.
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2023 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Reference Question from a Relgious Studies librarian

Hello,

I am wondering if it would be possible to post a request for research help. I am attempting to help a member of our Religious Studies faculty track down details about a specific image of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.  I have also reached out to some acquaintances in our Art Department for assistance, but no luck.  You can find this image (linked below) all over the place - on the cover of self-published books, for example - but I can find no information about its provenance. I'm an ALA and ACRL member but visual arts are not in my liaison area.

Any guidance would be appreciated, but if this request isn't appropriate, I understand.

Thank you.

Best,

Trish McPherson
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-original-sin-adam-and-eve-in-the-garden-of-eden-late-c19th-chromolithography-143326018.html
[https://c8.alamy.com/comp/J951PA/original-sin-adam-and-eve-in-the-garden-of-eden-late-c19th-chromolithography-J951PA.jpg]<https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-original-sin-adam-and-eve-in-the-garden-of-eden-late-c19th-chromolithography-143326018.html>
Original Sin, Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden late c19th Chromolithography Stock Photo - Alamy<https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-original-sin-adam-and-eve-in-the-garden-of-eden-late-c19th-chromolithography-143326018.html>
RM2B0188A - England: Adam and Eve expelled from the Garden of Eden as represented in the Hunterian Psalter, c. 1170. The Hunterian Psalter (or York Psalter) is an illuminated manuscript of the 12th century. It was produced in England some time around 1170, and is considered a striking example of Romanesque book art.
www.alamy.com<http://www.alamy.com>

Patricia O. McPherson, MLS, MEd

Information Literacy and Instructional Design Librarian

Stonehill College

MacPhaidin Library

320 Washington Street

Easton, Massachusetts 02357

Tel: 508.565.1844

Fax: 508.565.1424

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Student Mental Health Support:

Please call Counseling Services 508-565-1331, select Option 1 for routine appointment scheduling or select Option 2 for the 24/7 Urgent Support Line.

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>