Hello all! I would love to invite you to apply for this fellowship and/or
pass the opportunity along to any students, friends, or colleagues of yours
who may be interested.

Center for Book Arts is seeking applicants for our 2023 Book Art Research
Fellowship. Researchers and scholars in art history, literature, book
history, library science, or museum studies that are based in the US are
invited to submit research proposals that draw upon CBA’s unique
collections of materials related to book art. CBA’s Permanent Collection
consists of three parts: 1. Fine Arts Collection of artists’ books, prints,
and objects 2. Reference Library focused on the practice, theory, and
history of book arts 3. CBA’s Archives containing records of original
exhibitions presented at CBA and the history of CBA’s programmatic
activities Taken as a whole, CBA’s collections serve as a historical record
of book art as a creative medium and a framework for critical research into
book art practice. You can browse the collections online at
collections.centerforbookarts.org. The individual(s) selected for the
Fellowship will receive a $1200 stipend, be granted access to CBA’s
collections, and be provided with institutional support during the research
process. Fellows are expected to spend 2-3 weeks on-site at Center for Book
Arts. Research periods can take place any time in the calendar year of 2023
outside of holidays and other planned closures. At the culmination of the
Fellowship, the selected individual(s) will present their research in a
public talk. CBA will subsequently have the first right of refusal to
publish their research in our Book Arts Review journal.

Link to opportunity description:
https://centerforbookarts.org/book-art-research-fellowship
--
Gillian Lee
Librarian

I work across time zones and, at times, outside of usual business hours. I
do not expect you to respond outside of your working hours.