Dear ARLIS/NA Community,

I am pleased to report that the College Art Association has adopted a "Statement on the Importance of Physical Research Collections". The CAA Committee on Research and Scholarship, which I co-chaired, and of which ARLIS/NA member Emily Walz was also a member, proposed this statement which was ratified by the Board of the CAA in November 2022 and posted on the CAA website last week. It is available here, in the Standards & Guidelines section of the website: https://www.collegeart.org/standards-and-guidelines/guidelines/physical-research-collections
Please feel free to use this statement in any way that may be helpful to your library and provide links to it wherever they may be helpful.

Sincerely,

Eric M. Wolf
ARLIS/NA Liaison to CAA
Co-Chair, CAA Committee on Research and Scholarship

Eric M. Wolf Head Librarian
Sotheby's Institute of Art
570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022 USA | T +1 212 897 6649
 | sothebysinstitute.com
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Logo