Hello ARLIS!

I know there was a related thread on going fine-free in the last few years,
but I am very curious about how your libraries handle replacement pricing
for lost items, particularly in the art & design book context. Apologies in
advance for the mess of questions. Please answer anything pertinent to you
and ignore the rest.

   - Do you have one default replacement fee (and what is it)? A tiered
   system? Do you ever make exceptions?

   - Or, do you price items individually ahead of time? As they become
   billed? How do you handle items with inflated ($1400+) resale prices?

   - How do you feel your method is working out? Do you keep any data on
   recouped losses, or other statistics?

   - Are there other models?? Any unique ways of collecting fees or
   notifying patrons? Someone at ECUAD mentioned exploring different
   compensation methods (such as working with the library on special
   projects), which I found intriguing.

Thanks in advance. I'm guessing that enough folks are involved in this type
of conversation that replying on-list would be interesting.

Cheers,
Emily

--
Emily Coxe (she/her)