Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Hello,

I’m reaching out to this community seeking experiences that other arts-focused libraries have had reclassifying materials in the E99 section, especially materials about Indigenous artists/makers.

Our library is working with a UBC Library and Information Studies student to investigate options for dismantling our E99 section in order to take most of the material out of the historical context of that classification. Part of this project is to seek out case studies, guides, best practices, recommendations, and re-classification projects done at other libraries.

If you have some information to share with us, we would be happy to share the results of our investigation back with the ARLIS/NA list.

Thanks in advance!

Hillary Webb (she/her)
Systems + Technical Services Librarian
Emily Carr University of Art + Design

tel 604 630 4567
520 East 1st Ave, Vancouver BC, V5T 0H2, Canada
[log in to unmask]    ecuad.ca

Emily Carr University is situated on unceded, traditional and ancestral xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) territories