Hi everyone,

Mark your calendars: you’re invited to join us for the first Collection Development SIG Meeting of 2023! The highlight of our meeting will be a presentation on the “Curating with Cultural Integrity” research project. Please see details below.

ARLIS Collection Development SIG Meeting
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
11am Pacific, 12pm Mountain, 1pm Central, 2pm Eastern
Registration required in advance - must register to receive Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlce2pqjojH9Ha4WlWYW7KhBOsmbAfd6ZS

Tentative Agenda

11-11:05am: Welcome

11:05-11:35am: Curating with Cultural Integrity
Deborah Ultan (University of MN Libraries) and Jennifer Riestenberg (Walker Art Center Library) will be presenting their research on how library professionals develop diverse collections, specifically focusing on ethical and inclusive practices and behaviors. They will present results from an initial survey and discuss their next steps.

11:35-11:55am: Check In, What's Next, & Closing

Please email me with any questions: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hope to see you then,
Madison

--
MADISON E. SULLIVAN, MSLIS
Fine and Performing Arts Librarian

Explore new art books<https://uw.libapps.com/libguides/admin_c.php?g=1278408&p=9380758> at the Art Library!

UW Libraries and UW Press are unionizing<https://linktr.ee/UWLibUnion>!

206.685.9032 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
pronouns: she, her, hers
schedule an appointment<https://cal.lib.uw.edu/appointments/art>
[signature_79245543]