Dear colleagues,

The Middle East Librarians Association' Social Justice Committee is glad to announce that the next lecture in our 2022-2023 series, "Lives in the Margins: Ethnic and Religious Minorities in the Middle East" will be next Wednesday. We’re truly excited to feature one of our own—Middle East & Islamic Studies Librarian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Rustin Zarkar, along with co-investigator Waleed Ziad. They will be discussing their work to gather and archive materials from Sufi monasteries and shrines within Pakistan’s Pashtun tribal regions.

This talk will be on December 14th, 2022, at 12PM EST / 5PM GMT.
Please Register here: https://bit.ly/MELAZarkarZiad<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bit.ly_MELAZarkarZiad&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=cx2QDivnGxnZdKi6bHQWFYb0uz61z0aJtHtWTokpy2A&m=2LyWWQKbJaX96TqPpNaHVcA__c01uqDdeoW6hhip9OVtKhlNFIbZyBVhKMMEjR5Z&s=ei18sCFJd3cN6o9yXThBwBYKwhwoYEPP2vOGrP2cAzk&e=>

Posters in PDF (for email) and jpg (for socials) are attached. Please feel free to share, and we hope to see many of you on December 14th!

And for one last note—we did have some funds left over from our last fundraising campaign, but they have already been spent on our first speakers. It is very important to us to be able to offer honorariums to everyone we invite to speak, so we have launched another fundraising campaign on GoFundMe.

If you support what we’re doing, please do donate what you can to this year’s fundraising campaign: https://bit.ly/MELAGFM22<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bit.ly_MELAGFM22&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=cx2QDivnGxnZdKi6bHQWFYb0uz61z0aJtHtWTokpy2A&m=2LyWWQKbJaX96TqPpNaHVcA__c01uqDdeoW6hhip9OVtKhlNFIbZyBVhKMMEjR5Z&s=TkZq7bkaHhS1V9owm73vWi7T0Db50RZebTKhR2WSbVU&e=>.

Every little bit helps, and we are so grateful to those who have supported this tiny initiative thus far.

Sincerely, on behalf of the Committee,

Amanda

--

Dr. Amanda Hannoosh Steinberg

Librarian for Islamic Art & Architecture

Fine Arts Library

Littauer Center

1805 Cambridge Street
Harvard University